Saturday, September 15, 2007

It Starts

To blog or not to blog, that was the question. Part of me feels presumptuous for thinking that others will want to read about my life. I do, however, enjoy keeping in touch with friends via their blog posts. And so today, in anticipation of the upcoming move to Ukraine, I make my humble entry into the blogosphere. We shall proceed now, dear reader, suffering together the slings and arrows of my outrageous fortune. Enjoy.

T-minus 13 days until the flight to staging in Philadelphia. 15 days until Peace Corps Ukraine Group 33 leaves New York bound for Kiev. I absolutely cannot wait, though there is much to do before leaving. Most importantly, my thesis defense is set for Wednesday. The computer must be loaded with music, I should learn a little Ukrainian, brush up on the fundamentals of English grammar, perhaps familiarize myself with Ukraine’s political landscape. I may also want to pack a few bags and see a few friends in the coming weeks. Family as well. Busy and fun-filled days await me.

Is anyone interested in learning a bit more about Ukraine, my soon-to-be temporary home? For a map and the basic facts try CIA World Factbook. I’ve found Brama to be a helpful source for coverage of current events. Fellow future-PCV Suzy introduced me to this blog for straightforward political analysis.

Look for more in the coming weeks and months. I just wanted to get my feet wet today with a test post. Thanks for visiting!

No comments: